It’s time to start thinking about your Halloween costume as the holiday draws closer.
Some spend weeks planning the costume your child (or you) will be wearing, and let’s face it, fake blood is to Halloween what fruitcake is to Christmas.
How do I make fake blood?
Here is a simple recipe sheknows.com to whip up some pretty realistic blood to scare the neighbors.
Hollywood-style fake blood recipe (Yields about 2 tablespoons.)
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 tiny drop blue food coloring
- 1 tiny drop green food coloring (optional)
- 1 scant teaspoon flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 small shallow glass or plastic bowl
- 1 toothpick
- Cooking spray
- Water (optional)
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Liquid laundry soap (optional)
- Add flour and red food coloring to the mixing bowl. Spritz your tablespoon with cooking spray and use it to add corn syrup to the mix.
- Use a toothpick to add the tiniest drop of blue food coloring; you can always add more. Add the same amount of green food coloring if you need it to be more purple.
- Stir the bowl’s contents with a small whisk or spoon until well-blended (and not lumpy).
©2022 Cox Media Group