Last Song Played
DAYTON'S 80's ROCK

marketing

49 items
Results 1 - 10 of 49 next >

268 pounds of chicken burrito products recalled 

A Michigan food company is recalling 268 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken burrito products because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen, according to a news release Wednesday from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service.

>> Read more trending news 

The burritos, distributed several weeks ago by NuVue Foods, a Hamtramck, Michigan, company, contained eggs, a known allergen, which were not declared on the product label. 

The 268 pounds of burritos were produced Oct. 31 and were shipped to retail locations -- specifically, vending machines -- in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio, according to the Food Safety and Inspection Service.

The problem was discovered Friday after NuVue Foods received a consumer complaint, according to the news release. 

There have been no reports of negative reactions from eating the product, the Food Safety and Inspection Service said.

McComeback: McDonald's brings back McRib for limited time

Fast-food giant McDonald’s announced Thursday that the McRib sandwich will be making a comeback for a limited time, the company said in a news release.

>> Read more trending news 

The venerable barbecue sandwich will be available at more than 9,000 stores across the United States.

“While McDonald’s has ushered in many new items this year -- such as fresh beef in our quarter-pound burgers -- we know our fans love this limited time classic,” McDonald’s chef Mike Haracz said in the release. “That’s why we wanted to bring the McRib to as many fans as possible this year.”

The McRib has been on the McDonald’s menu off and on for the past 35 years. The boneless pork sandwich is covered in barbecue sauce and served with sliced pickles and onions on a hoagie-style bun.

The sandwich last appeared on the McDonald’s menu last November. It will be available via McDelivery with Uber Eats at selected restaurants, the company said in its release.

Starbucks unveils Witch's Brew drink for Halloween

Starbucks has introduced a wicked potion just in time for Halloween.

>> Read more trending news 

On Thursday, participating stores unveiled its newest Frappuccino drink. Called “Witch’s Brew,” the concoction contains a purple blend of “toad’s breath,” Starbucks said in a news release. Other ingredients include orange crème Frappuccino and swirls of green “bat warts” that are made with chia seeds. 

The drink is topped with vanilla whipped cream, dusted with green “lizard scale” powder.

“We wanted to create a flavor that you might enjoy at a Halloween party,” Starbucks spokeswoman Jennica Robinson said in the news release. “It gets a little bit of juicy-ness from the orange flavor.”

The Witch's Brew continues a pattern of Halloween-themed Frappuccinos from Starbucks. Last year’s drink was called a Zombie Frappuccino, while the Frappula Frappuccino was sold in 2015 and 2016.

Krystal introducing maple bourbon shakes

Famous for its small, square hamburgers, the Krystal Company will debut a maple bourbon milkshake Sunday as part of a menu expansion of “playfully Southern” recipes, the Chattanooga Times Free Press reported.

>> Read more trending news 

The temporary menu item will be introduced at most of the fast-food chain’s 350 restaurants. Despite its name, there will be no alcohol in the shake -- just real milk and soft-serve ice cream.

"The maple bourbon sauce uses pure, grade A maple syrup sourced from both the United States and Canada," Brandon Freeman, Krystal's senior manager for culinary innovation, told the Times Free Press. "I'd describe the flavors of bourbon as caramel, oak, charred oak, toffee and vanilla."

Company president Paul Macaluso said limited-time offers like the bourbon-flavored milkshakes can boost sales at Krystal by as much as 40 percent.

"We know that our guests crave new and vibrant flavors and have come to expect our menu innovation to be playfully Southern," Macaluso told the Times Free Press. "Our new maple bourbon shake over-delivers on that expectation and is absolutely delicious."

The milkshake is an attempt by Krystal to reverse two years of lagging sales, the newspaper reported. The company introduced pimento cheese bites and frozen Lemonhead slushies during a two-month summer promotion that ended in August.

Krystal opened its first restaurant in downtown Chattanooga in 1932 and claims to be the second-oldest fast-food chain. White Castle is the oldest, founded in 1921.

In-N-Out hamburger chain turns 70

A California fast-food institution celebrated its 70th birthday Monday, and what began as a tiny food stand in Baldwin Park has expanded to 334 locations in six states. KABC reported.

>> Read more trending news 

In-N-Out opened its doors on Oct. 22, 1948. The hamburger chain is celebrating its anniversary by releasing its 2019 T-shirt in restaurants, and an official party will be held Nov. 17 in Pomona, the television station reported.

In-N-Out was founded by Harry and Esther Snyder, The Mercury News reported. Their descendants still own the chain, and current president Lynsi Snyder, 36, granddaughter of the founder, recently told Forbes she does not anticipate opening restaurants east of Texas, the newspaper reported.

In-N-Out was one of California’s first drive-thru restaurants, the Mercury News reported. The newspaper said the world’s first drive-thru restaurant was Red’s Giant Hamburg in Springfield, Missouri, which opened in 1947.

A replica of the original In-N-Out stands near the first restaurant in Baldwin Park.

There are 107 days until Super Bowl LIII: Is Atlanta prepared?

There are 107 days left before Mercedes-Benz Stadium hosts Super Bowl LIII, and massive preparations are ongoing in Atlanta.

>> Read more trending news 

Atlanta Super Bowl Host Committee Chairman of Operations Brett Daniels is one of an army of local leaders who have spent more than two years preparing for the big game, which will be played Feb. 3.

The collaboration is unbelievable," Daniels said. "Every different scenario has been factored in. Everything you can imagine has been thought of."

At a media briefing Friday, Daniels announced specific downtown road closures. 

All of Andrew Young International Boulevard through the Georgia World Congress Center Campus will be closed to traffic for 10 days. 

On Saturday and Super Bowl Sunday, Northside Drive will be shut down between Ivan Allen Jr. and Martin Luther King Jr. boulevards. So will MLK and Mitchell streets from Northside Drive to Centennial Olympic Park Drive. 

MARTA trains will run 24/7 from Friday through Sunday. 

Jeffrey Parker, the CEO of MARTA, said the transit system expects some of the highest ridership the city has ever seen. 

“I’m not going to be on who’s going to win the game, but I’ll bet that it’ll be the highest ridership, transit ridership, of any Super Bowl, so we have a lot of work to do," Parker said. "But we’ve also done a lot of work in preparation.”

Jon Barker, the vice president of event operations with the National Football League, said he has high confidence that the city is prepared. 

“Without a doubt, (I have a) high level of confidence, especially with everything we’ve seen here, all the meetings that we’ve had, the years of planning that have gone into this," Barker said. "Yeah, confidence level is extraordinarily high for this Super Bowl.”

Public safety is also obviously a huge concern. 

Atlanta police Chief Erika Shields won't release too many specifics of her department’s public safety plan, but said people can expect a huge police presence on the Georgia World Congress Center Campus and expanding security perimeters as you get close to the Super Bowl itself. 

"We are in a good space," Shields said. "We are on point where we should be and it's good."

Shields said collaboration among the many organizations planning for the Super Bowl is essential. 

"There's a lot of nuances you have to consider and anticipate, which is why it's imperative that we have so many diverse people," Shields said. 

Daniels said there's always the unknown, but they are ready for it. 

“You have to rely on your teammates and know that you can count on them," Daniels said. "And when something does change and you get that curve ball, they're ready for it.”

"We’re ramping up to that place where we’re ready to execute," Shields said. "We want to play our game.”

Nike offers pro contract to Oregon runner with cerebral palsy

A runner at the University of Oregon became the first professional athlete with cerebral palsy to sign a contract with Nike, Sports Illustrated reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Justin Gallegos, a 20-year-old junior, thought he was being filmed for completing a cross country race for the university’s running club last Saturday. Instead, cameras captured the moment as John Douglas, Nike’s Insights director, handed Gallegos a contract.

In a video that has since gone viral, Gallegos sinks to his knees in joy as his teammates applaud.

“You don’t realize how realistic and emotional your dreams are until they play out before your very eyes!” Gallegos wrote on Instagram.

Gallegos began running as a ninth-grader. One of his coaches had gone to the University of Oregon, so Gallegos decided to attend the school and join the running club, Running magazine reported.

Gallegos used a walker as a child and endured plenty of physical therapy to improve his walk, the magazine reported.

He was noticed by Nike when he attended high school in California, and he has helped the athletic retail giant develop a shoe for runners with disabilities, called the FlyEase, Running reported.

Gallego said he was stunned by the contract offer from Nike.

“I’m still at a loss for words,” Gallego wrote on Instagram. “Beyond blessed to officially represent the swoosh!”

The video was released Oct. 6 to coincide with World Cerebral Palsy Day, Sports Illustrated reported.

Hershey's mixes two favorites in new candy bar

It is a match made in candy heaven.

>> Read more trending news 

The Hershey Company is debuting a new candy bar that combines the company’s signature chocolate bar with Reese’s Pieces, and has found the perfect couple to celebrate the union, WHTM reported.

Hershey’s invited Craig Hirschey and Jenny Ries for a photo shoot at the company’s headquarters in Hershey, Pennsylvania, the television station reported.

The couple got engaged this year and will be married in February.

Undoubtedly, this couple has shared some kisses during their four-year courtship, and Hershey will document that love in its marketing campaign, WHTM reported.

The new candy bar will hit stores in November.

Colin Kaepernick's company files for trademark to former QB's image

Colin Kaepernick’s company, Inked Flash, filed for the trademark to a black-and-white image of the former NFL quarterback’s face and hair, ESPN reported Wednesday.

>> Read more trending news 

Inked Flash filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Friday, but it appeared for the first time on the patent office’s website Wednesday. The company’s intent is to use Kaepernick’s image on items such as shampoo, hairspray, jewelry and even lampshades.

Other items include mugs, plates, bowls, drinking glasses. water bottles, tins, afro picks, brushes and combs, coasters, pillowcases, blankets, towels and handkerchiefs, according to the patent office website.

>> Colin Kaepernick face of Nike’s 30th anniversary ‘Just Do It’ campaign

The filing also says the image could be used in association with "providing classes, workshops, seminars and camps in the field of self-empowerment and awareness to properly interact with law enforcement"

Kaepernick became the face of Nike's “Just Do It” 30th anniversary campaign last month. He also has been marketing his own merchandise, including jerseys with the slogan #ImwithKap on them.

The decision to use Kaepernick as the face of its brand was a polarizing move for Nike. Some fans said they would shun the product, while others said they were more likely to buy Nike items as a result.

Kaepernick has not played in the NFL since the 2016 season.

Nike online sales rise by 31 percent

Despite some early backlash and a slight dip in sales, Nike’s online sales increased by 31 percent from Sunday through Tuesday of this week, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

>> Read more trending news 

The company introduced controversial quarterback Colin Kaepernick as the face of its 30th anniversary “Just Do It” advertising campaign. President Donald Trump, police officers and many football fans objected to the choice, arguing that Kaepernick taking a knee to protest police brutality and racial injustice was out of line. 

>> Colin Kaepernick face of Nike’s new ‘Just Do It’ ad campaign

The ad, released Monday and featured on television for the first time during Thursday’s NFL opener between the Philadelphia Eagles and Atlanta Falcons, featured a close-up, black-and-white image of Kaepernick with the words, “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.” 

On Friday, San Francisco-based Edison Trends revealed that after an initial drop in sales, Nike recovered strongly. Its 31 percent rise is nearly double its 17 percent gain over the same time period in 2017.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales,” Edison Trends co-founder Hetal Pandya said in a statement. “The data does not support that theory.”

>> Nike campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick sparks boycott

But after Nike’s stock fell 3.9 percent to touch a low of $79 per share on Tuesday, it rebounded to end the week at $80.30 per share, The New York Post reported.

49 items
Results 1 - 10 of 49 next >
 

Amazon Alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!