On Wednesday, Donald Trump, front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination, released details for his plan to reform healthcare should he be elected president in November.
Trump issued a familiar Republican call to repeal the Affordable Care Act – Obamacare – and also said individuals should be allowed to deduct all of their insurance premiums from the income tax they owe.
1. Completely repeal Obamacare. The plan calls for “elected representatives to eliminate the individual mandate” required by the law.
2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. This would allow any health insurance vendor to sell insurance in any state.
3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns. According to the plan, this would help prevent consumers from slipping through the cracks by making insurance affordable.
4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). The plan calls for tax-free contributions into HSAs, and that on a person’s death, the money would become part of his or her estate.
5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers. This, the plan says, would help consumers shop for the best price on medical services.
6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. This would allow states to fully manage the program that helps the poor get medical care.
7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. This point of the plan would allow consumers access to drugs manufactured by companies overseas.
The event formerly known as Home World has a new name and new location.Get totally inspired for spring as you find hundreds of ways to improve your home. Make your home the one you really want. Show open daily duringmall hours. Admission is free!
Landscaping and Outdoors
Get ready for Spring and Summer and transform your outdoor space into something that feels like you’re on vacation
Make sure to visit our demonstration stage during the entire show. There will be exciting demonstrations on how to re-purpose and design thanks to Monarch Market Affair.
Meet Barry Williams from The Brady Bunch
Join us as we welcome Me-TV superstar Barry Williams who played the iconic Greg Brady from The Brady Bunch TV Show. Meet him and get an autograph on February 10th stage side at center court in front of Macy’s.
The line will start forming when the Mall Opens, and Barry’s First appearance will be at 11 a.m.
Come prepared with your camera or cell phone for the Meet and Greet.